Khao Lak Shopping
What to Buy and Where to Shop in Khao Lak
The Khao Lak shopping scene is surely not the most exciting in southern Thailand, yet there are enough small and medium-sized stores where you can easily find all the basic articles necessary while on holiday. While shopping in La On Village is a relaxing experience, neighbouring Bang Niang is even more relaxed.
Handicrafts, beachwear, DVDs and music CDs are all available in both locations, and Bang Niang’s thrice-weekly market is a must-do (with a camera, of course) to get a glimpse of the local life. Combining a meal out with a shopping trip at either destination is a favourite pastime. If you need to purchase a big stock of drink and snack, there are two supermarkets available in Khao Lak: one small Tesco Lotus on the road to Thai Muang (a 20-minute drive south of La On Village), and Nang Thong Supermarket (on the main road between La On and Bang Niang).
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Elephant Bathing, Ride & Waterfall Experience
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Khao Lak Day Trip with Elephant Trekking
- Morning ATV Tour in Phang Nga
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
- Turtles & Waterfalls Full-Day Bike Tour with Beachside Lunch
- Thai Cooking Class in Khao Lak
- Khao Sok Safari Overnight & Tree House
- Afternoon Boat Cruise with Canoeing & Dinner
Shopping in Other Areas
Khuk Khak Fresh Market
Visiting Khuk Khak Fresh Market is the best thing you could do to get a glimpse of the real local life in southern Thailand. Thai fresh markets permit you to discover exotic fruits and vegetables unknown in Europe, as well as to sample delicious snacks prepared by wandering vendors. A market would not be a market in Thailand without street food stalls selling a wide choice of barbecued seafood and meat, banana pancakes, fresh sugarcane drinks, and more.
- Opening Hours: Daily, from early morning to late afternoon
- Location: Khuk Khak Bus Station, Phetkasem Road, 3km north of Bang Niang