Happy Snapper is the most popular venue in the Khao Lak area after dark. Established on Phetkasem Road in 2002, toward the northern end of La On Village, Happy Snapper is the baby of Pitak Srisang, a famous Thai bassist who has been playing with many top bands in Thailand and who’s also renowned as a recording studio’s musician in Bangkok. Happy Snapper therefore offers its punters unrivalled live music.
Situated in a two-storey Thai-style house that looks like a chalet, the main room is decorated in a colourful post-hippie style blending Buddhist artefacts, rock and pop musician portraits, and an abstract décor all over the walls and ceiling. The venue’s centre of attention is the stage, located at the back of the main room, which can comfortably accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Elephant Bathing, Ride & Waterfall Experience
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Khao Lak Day Trip with Elephant Trekking
- Morning ATV Tour in Phang Nga
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
- Turtles & Waterfalls Full-Day Bike Tour with Beachside Lunch
- Thai Cooking Class in Khao Lak
- Khao Sok Safari Overnight & Tree House
- Afternoon Boat Cruise with Canoeing & Dinner
In high season, there is live music every night. The house band, named the Snapper Brothers, delivers a great mix of music styles from soul to funk to reggae to pop to rock; you name it, they’ll play it. Wednesday nights are dedicated to jam sessions (you can join the band as well, for a tune or two), and Saturday night is the climax of the week, with additional local bands such as the Blues Brothers and the Happy Bastards coming to perform.
The atmosphere at Happy Snapper is lively and electric, yet remains pretty cool. The bar team is particularly efficient and delivers drinks and cocktails in a flash. Hungry punters can find a good choice of snacks such as hamburger, fried chicken, French fries and spring rolls, at very reasonable prices on the outdoor terrace. Summing up, Happy Snapper is really the best place to go if you want to party with friends in Khao Lak. Please note that Happy Snapper is usually closed in low season, from May to October.
- Opening Hours: 17:00-02:00
- Location: On Phetkasem Road, towards the northern end of La On Village.
- Tel: +66 (0)76 485 500