Dining at any of the best beachfront restaurants in Khao Lak listed below will surely make your day. Despite the area referred to as Khao Lak comprising almost 20 kilometres of virgin beachfront, only a handful of beach clubs and seaside restaurants can be found on this long strip of sand.
Many of the restaurants on the coast of Phang Nga Province are attached to resorts, yet a few standalone diners have made a name for themselves due to their distinct atmosphere and the good quality of food. From upscale beach clubs to unpretentious bamboo-and-thatch local restaurants, you’ll surely find a place to suit your taste in our Khao Lak beach dining selection below.
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Morning ATV Tour in Phang Nga
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
- Turtles & Waterfalls Full-Day Bike Tour with Beachside Lunch
- Thai Cooking Class in Khao Lak
- Khao Sok Safari Overnight & Tree House
- Afternoon Boat Cruise with Canoeing & Dinner
Memories Beach Bar & RestaurantKhuk Khak Beach
Memories Beach Bar & Restaurant is an unpretentious venue located right on the beach toward the northern end of Khuk Khak, just before Pakarang Cape. The restaurant offers excellent fare off the beaten track. You can sample most of the kingdom’s classic dishes here, including a good choice of fresh seafood thanks to the local fishermen. To please those seeking more familiar dishes, the restaurant’s menu also features typical western beach club fare, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00-00:00 in high season from September to April
- Location: Toward the northern end of Khuk Khak Beach, before Pakarang Cape
- Tel: +66 (0)89 729 2251
Sassi’s Beach ClubBang Niang Beach
Sassi’s Beach Club is the perfect place to chill out in style on Bang Niang beachfront. Belonging to the elegant Ramada Khao Lak Resort, this restaurant and bar and grill is a welcoming spot all day long. It’s convenient for a casual bite at lunch time, an enjoyable venue to watch the sun disappear behind the horizon, and very pleasant for a romantic dinner under the stars. Sassi’s serves an excellent choice of western and Thai dishes à la carte throughout the day and it features themed buffets with live cooking stations and entertaining shows or live music several nights a week. Despite being part of a five-star resort, Sassi’s Beach Club’s prices remain reasonable, just a tad above those of nearby restaurants. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 – 00:00
- Location: At Ramada Khao Lak Resort on Bang Niang beachfront
- Tel: +66 (0)76 427 777
Krua ThaiPak Weep Beach
Krua Thai is a very popular restaurant located off the beaten track, on Pak Weep beachfront, some 250 metres north of Beyond Resort Khaolak. Designed in a classic Thai beach shack style, but with a chic twist, it allows you to dine with your toes in the sand, and offers outstanding sunsets. Krua Thai’s menu features a good range of classic favourites, both Thai and international, as well as a good selection of fresh seafood. The popularity of this restaurant comes from three factors: its great location, delicious food, and excellent service. You can be sure that you won’t regret the effort involved to get there.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 - 23:00
- Location: On Pak Weep Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)91 161 3509
- How to get there: When coming from Bang La On on Phetkasem Road, turn left right before Pak Weep Minimart. It’s the first intersection after Beyond Resort Khaolak entrance
Bang Niang Beachfront RestaurantsBang Niang Beach
There’s a handful of beachfront restaurants in Bang Niang that offer unpretentious and reasonably priced places to lunch or dine. Marlin, Nong Prew, Tonia, and Baitong restaurants and bars sit at the end of the beach road, just beyond a long row of resorts that include Casa de la Flora and Ayara Villas, to name a few. Set in a coconut grove, right on the northern part of Bang Niang Beach, these restaurants offer tasty fare for the hungry visitor. Located next to each other, they are very similar in quality, style, and price. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: At the end of the beach road in Bang Niang
Coconut Beach Boatyard RestaurantPak Weep Beach
Coconut Beach Boatyard Restaurant is located just north of Pakarang Cape on a serene beach that feels a little isolated. Formerly known as Pakarang Cape Boatyard Restaurant, this place has all the makings of a tropical cliché. Wooden white tables under canopies that stand beneath coconut and casuarina trees with great views over the Andaman Sea, make this venue a great sundowner spot. The menu here features both Western and Thai favourites served at fair prices. A range of cocktails priced between 110 and 160 baht is also available.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:30 – 21:30
- Location: Just north of Pakarang Cape
- Tel: +66 (0)88 407 2698
White Sand Beach RestaurantPak Weep Beach
White Sand Beach Bungalows and Restaurant is a beachfront venue located on the southern part of Pak Weep beach under a thick forest of casuarina trees, just north of the high-end Sarojin Resort. This section of the beach is referred to both as Ao Thong (Golden Bay) and White Sand Beach, so it can sometimes get a little confusing. Whether you stay here, or just come to spend the day, this is a cosy spot with excellent service. The food here features a good choice of classic Thai specialities and a few Western dishes. Rates are reasonable and in line with most local beachside restaurants in the area.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 07:00 – 23:00
- Location: On Ao Thong, just north of the Sarojin
- Tel: +66 (0)76 487 580, +66 (0)81 895 0380
Kokulo Beach ClubBang Niang Beach
Kokulo Beach Club is a hipster dream come to life in Khao Lak. Part of the upscale La Vela Khao Lak Resort located toward the southern end of Bang Niang Beach, Kokulo Beach Club features a cutting-edge design in splendid natural surroundings. Located on the side of a triangular-shaped swimming pool, the beach club’s large wooden deck overlooks Bang Niang Beach and offers a remarkable spot for a sundowner. The food served here is top-notch. You’ll find a great selection of classic beach club snacks, including pizza, salad, and burgers available all day long, with themed buffet dinners in the evening. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 00:00
- Location: On south Bang Niang beachfront at La Vela Khao Lak Resort
- Tel: +66 (0)76 428 555 or +66 (0)76 428 599