Khao Lak Information
Travel and Local Information Guide
Khao Lak lies in the Takua-Pa district of Phang-Nga province, in the south of Thailand. Phang-Nga is situated on the West Coast facing the Andaman Sea, and lies within one to two hours driving distance of popular tourist destinations such as Krabi in the east, and Phuket in the south.
A primarily agricultural province, Phang-Nga produces rubber and food crops such as rice, vegetables and fruit. A large proportion of the province is still comprised of forest, much of which is designated national park area.
Khao Lak itself is a national park area, resplendent with rich natural attractions, and a convenient departure point to other of Phang-Nga's many points of interest, including the famous Similan Islands, and Surin Islands in neighbouring Ranong Province.
Khao Lak's strong attraction is the beauty of its natural surroundings -bordering the Andaman Sea on one side, and surrounded by natural forest on other sides. Offering peace and tranquility, the area is reminiscent of Phuket in bygone days, and is the perfect spot to get away from the razzle and dazzle of more populated areas nearby.Read More
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Elephant Bathing, Ride & Waterfall Experience
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Khao Lak Day Trip with Elephant Trekking
- Morning ATV Tour in Phang Nga
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
- Turtles & Waterfalls Full-Day Bike Tour with Beachside Lunch
- Thai Cooking Class in Khao Lak
- Khao Sok Safari Overnight & Tree House
- Afternoon Boat Cruise with Canoeing & Dinner