Smile Khaolak Restaurant
La On Village Restaurants & Dining0
Smile Khaolak Restaurant is among the most recommendable places to dine in La On Village. This simple restaurant, located on Phetkasem Road, right next to Les Fleurs Hotel, may not have an outstandingly fancy décor, but it delivers a unique cuisine blending Thai and French influences.
Contemporary Thai is the term that best defines the appearance of Smile Khaolak. With its dark wooden furnishings, white painted walls, and the touches of gold in the ornamentation and statues that decorate the venue, the restaurant is pleasant without being too flashy. The notoriety of the place makes it rather busy, so the 35 seats available are quickly occupied in the evenings, making it advisable to reserve one day in advance. The atmosphere of the venue reflects its image, being unpretentious without being too laid-back.Read More
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Elephant Bathing, Ride & Waterfall Experience
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Khao Lak Day Trip with Elephant Trekking
- Morning ATV Tour in Phang Nga
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
- Turtles & Waterfalls Full-Day Bike Tour with Beachside Lunch
- Thai Cooking Class in Khao Lak
- Khao Sok Safari Overnight & Tree House
- Afternoon Boat Cruise with Canoeing & Dinner
Run by a charming Thai/French couple, Smile Khao Lak rallies a large range of nationalities interested in sampling the original cuisine it serves. Even though most of the menu is dedicated to Thai dishes, many traditional dishes are prepared with a twist; a French touch or influence. For instance, one of their ‘best-seller’ dishes is the chicken and cheese home-made spring roll, which blend Asian dough, vegetables, and spices with mozzarella cheese.
Another interesting and original approach to cuisine is the option to get most of the favourite Thai dishes served with al dente pasta instead of rice. Smile Khaolak menu also features a popular vegetarian corner, which permits you to get most of the dishes served fish- or meat-free. With prices ranging from 150 to 390 baht per plate, Smile Khaolak remains a fairly-priced dining venue.
Smile Khaolak Restaurant
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: Between a Siam Commercial Bank branch and Biker Bar on Phetkasem Road on the way out of La On Village toward Bang Niang
- Tel: +66 (0)83 391 2600